Dog Friendly Pancakes
Give your dog a treat this Pancake day with our delicious pancake recipe that can be enjoyed by both you and your four-legged best friend. Your dog will flippin’ love them!
For the pancakes:
- 150 grams wholemeal flour
- 80 grams oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 300 ml Kefir
- 1 egg
- Coconut oil, for frying
For the topping:
- 2 tsp smooth peanut butter (xylitol-free) at room temperature
1. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix until smooth (note: the consistency will be fairly thick)
2. Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat
3. Add a ladle of batter to the pan and fry until pancake is starting to set and the underside has started to colour. At this point, flip the pancake using a spatula and fry the other side to the same colour.
4. Remove from pan, drizzle over a teaspoon of peanut butter and a sprinkling of blueberries and serve!
Don’t forget to allow your dog’s pancake to cool before serving.
Trust us when we say these pancakes are tasty – we’ve tried and tested them! You can even watch us in action here.
We’d love to see your creations – tag us on social media:
Did you know?
Kefir contains friendly bacteria that support your dog’s digestive system.
Blueberries are low in calories and contain high amounts of vitamin C and fibre both of which are vital components of proper canine nutrition.
Blueberries are also filled with antioxidants and have been shown to improve the health of animals, as well as humans. Antioxidants, like those in blueberries, help fight free radicals, which are responsible for cellular and molecular damage in dogs and humans.
Oats are a great source of protein and fibre and help your dog to feel fuller for longer.